Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Board 126: Copper Waterworks

This picture shows an underground tunnel with pipework in it. The tunnel opens out up ahead where a complicated network of pipes shines with a gold colour.


Level 1 (Clear 30 red pegs from 77 total - Pro target 425k)

The first design shows a pipe network. Some of the lines are solid, while others have gaps between the pegs.


Attempt #1 - No power ups. Score: 965,440 
  • A nice easy starter. Lots of flat rectangular pegs which are very easy to judge catches off. A straightforward total clearance, and I got a bit lucky with several bonuses as well, so my score was just under a million points.

Level 2 (Clear 30 red pegs from 99 total, with only 9 balls - Pro target 400k)

The second design features a solid line around the perimeter of the tunnel, and then another running parallel to it a little further back, then a few bits of another line further back still. Plus a few single round pegs between the lines at the bottom.


Attempt #1 - No power ups. Score: 760,780 
  • Another pretty easy one. Maybe not quite as easy as the last one, but another total clearance without too much trouble.

Level 3 (Clear 25 red pegs from 92 total, with only 9 balls - Pro target 425k)

The third design traces the outlines of the two main pipes in the foreground, a horizontal pipe in the background, and a zigzag over the rivulet of water running down the tunnel.


Attempt #1 - No power ups. Score: 465,450
  • I had the points but couldn't quite get through to the final red peg. I should have had it off the side wall, but it wasn't an easy shot and I misjudged it slightly.

Attempt #2 - No power ups. Score: 179,040
  • I got no luck at all that time. I was getting all the odd bounces and ricochets and couldn't have been predicted.

Attempt #3 - No power ups. Score: 272,750
  • I didn't get much luck that time either. This is annoying as I should really have had this one at the first attempt.

Attempt #4 - No power ups. Score: 241,710
  • Ok, I guess I'll have to admit it that I got lucky on my first attempt, but failed to capitalise on that luck. I'll use a laser ball.

Attempt #5 - Laser Ball. Score: 361,790
  • The yellow peg was very awkwardly placed at the bottom of the zigzag, and I used up half of my balls getting to it.

Attempt #6 - Laser Ball. Score: 679,550 
  • Got through it finally, although I'm still annoyed that I wasted five lives and two power ups on it. It took several balls to get through to the yellow peg again, but I recovered well afterwards, and made it all the way to a total clearance.

Level 4 (Clear 25 red pegs from 113 total, with only 9 balls - Pro target 425k)

The fourth design features more pipes, but they are all solid this time, and there are a few single round pegs between them.


Attempt #1 - No power ups. Score: 344,310
  • I cleared the red pegs but fell short of the pro target. I caught the last red peg unexpectedly from a deflection angle that I wouldn't have thought was even possible, but there you go.

Attempt #2 - No power ups. Score: 403,670
  • I was going OK there, but missed a few catches at the end and finished with one red peg left and just short of the pro target.

Attempt #3 - No power ups. Score: 135,990
  • No luck that time. It was all over in just 10 shots with lots of red pegs left.

Attempt #4 - No power ups. Score: 563,470 
  • I struggled most of the way through that one. Points were hard to come by to start with. I only got a pro score thanks to a spectacular ricochet on the very last ball.

Level 5 (Clear 25 red pegs from 151 total, with only 9 balls - Pro target 450k)

The fifth design features a lot more pegs and depicts a strange symetrical design that looks a bit like some sort of moulded wall fixing. But I can't see any connection between it and the picture.


Attempt #1 - No power ups. Score: 199,540
  • I thought this was going to be a bit of a nightmare without power ups and I was right. This is undoubtedly going to need a laser ball.

Attempt #2 - Laser Ball. Score: 803,120 
  • I managed to get through to the yellow peg with my first shot despite it being awkwardly placed down the bottom. The laser ball was always going to score big with the way the pegs were situated. After that I just picked off the remaining red pegs

Level 6 (Clear 40 red pegs from 92 total, with only 9 balls - Pro target 750k)

The same design as level 3, but with 15 more red pegs and 325k on the pro target.

Attempt #1 - Laser Ball. Score: 558,130
  • The yellow peg didn't look that hard to get to, but it was trickier than it looked, as I managed to hit every peg around it while leaving that one untouched. The laser ball then didn't work very well and I ended up leaving 6 reds behind at the end.

Attempt #2 - Laser Ball. Score: 596,380
  • A better effort, only leaving two red pegs behind this time. The yellow peg again didn't look difficult to get to, but it still took me three or four balls to do it. The rim bounce with the laser ball didn't work very well, and it all left me with just too much to do.

Attempt #3 - Laser Ball. Score: 497,840
  • A pretty poor effort. The yellow peg went first ball, and the laser ball worked pretty well, but it all went downhill after that. My catching was dreadful and it very quickly slipped away from me.

Attempt #4 - Laser Ball. Score: 475,530
  • The yellow peg was in about the worst place possible, and my catching was lousy to boot.

Attempt #5 - Laser Ball. Score: 598,720
  • The yellow peg was nicely on top this time, and the laser ball worked OK. But yet again, my catching was inept. I don't know what's up with me tonight. I can't catch anything.

Attempt #6 - Laser Ball. Score: 468,940
  • Another awkward yellow peg, although my catching was slightly improved. I'd better add a Big Bounce or I could be here all night.

Attempt #7 - Laser Ball & Big Bounce. Score: 783,700 
  • I managed to just about claw my way through to a total clearance to scrape together a pro score. The yellow peg was again very awkwardly placed in the zigzag, and I didn't think I'd be able to avoid the green peg in getting it, but somehow I managed it. I needed some reasonable catching towards the end, and for once I got some.

Level 7 (Clear ALL pegs - 30 red and 47 blue, with only 7 balls - Pro target 650k)

The same design as level 1, but with three less balls, 225k on the pro target and all pegs now required.

Attempt #1 - No power ups. Score: 729,980
  • I hate it when I do that. I cleared the last red peg with the last ball without worrying about catching it because I forgot it was an ALL PEGS level. Stupid!

Attempt #2 - No power ups. Score: 363,010
  • Only an 83% clearance. I may be being a bit ambitious attempting this without power ups, but I'm going to give it one more try nonetheless.

Attempt #3 - No power ups. Score: 468,680
  • I'm sure this is doable without power ups, but I'd need my catching to be at its absolute best, and it just doesn't seem to be tonight. I'll use a laser ball.

Attempt #4 - Laser Ball. Score: 754,490 
  • As I suspected, it turned out to be pretty easy with a laser ball. I cleared the pegs with half a dozen balls or so in hand.

Level 8 (Clear 45 red pegs from 99 total, with only 8 balls - Pro target 725k)

The same design as level 2, but with 15 more red pegs, one less ball, and 325k on the pro target.

Attempt #1 - No power ups. Score: 459,970
  • This is another one that might well be possible to beat without power ups, but I've lost enough lives on this board trying that sort of thing, so I'll use a laser ball.

Attempt #2 - Laser Ball. Score: 690,380
  • I tried to squeeze one more purple peg out before I took the last red, but it proved one purple peg too many. Pretty close, but not quite close enough.

Attempt #3 - Laser Ball. Score: 619,600
  • My catching let me down a bit again there. The yellow peg was easily available with the first ball, but I couldn't capitalise on it in the endgame.

Attempt #4 - Laser Ball. Score: 556,160
  • Another life lost to some dreadful catching. It took a couple of balls to get through to the yellow peg, but I should have done a lot better than I did.

Attempt #5 - Laser Ball. Score: 657,790
  • I should probably give up for tonight. That's another life lost to dreadful catching. I'm clearly not in the zone tonight.

Attempt #6 - Laser Ball. Score: 568,900
  • It's a new day, and hopefully my catching will be a bit better today. It was Ok this time, but not brilliant. The yellow peg took a few balls to get to which didn't help. I'll add a Big Bounce to try and get it out of the way.

Attempt #7 - Laser Ball & Big Bounce. Score: 396,700
  • I couldn't get to the yellow peg that time, until I had hardly any balls left. So I scored very little from the laser ball, and the game was doomed from there.

Attempt #8 - Laser Ball & Big Bounce. Score: 881,330 
  • Again, it took ages to get through to the yellow peg, and I activated the Big Bounce first, which wasn't actually as bad as it could have been. I managed to pick off a few distance bonuses towards the end which boosted my score a bit.

Level 9 (Clear ALL pegs - 25 red and 88 blue, with only 9 balls - Pro target 600k)

The same design as level 4, but with 175k on the pro target and a total clearance now needed.

Attempt #1 - No power ups. Score: 596,530
  • A 90% clearance, but attempting it with no power ups was probably a bit ambitious. I'll add a laser ball.

Attempt #2 - Laser Ball. Score: 362,770
  • Only an 88% clearance this time. It took a few balls to get to the yellow peg, and then the rim bounce with the laser ball was ruined by the dreaded Big Bucket.

Attempt #3 - Laser Ball. Score: 591,620
  • Up to 97% clearance this time. Again the rim bounce didn't work too well, although it was entirely my fault this time. I'll have one more go before I add a Big Bounce.

Attempt #4 - Laser Ball. Score: 452,790
  • Back down to 88% clearance. I mistimed the laser ball again to get an ineffective rim bounce. I'll add a Big Bounce.

Attempt #5 - Laser Ball & Big Bounce. Score: 743,380 
  • It took four balls to get to the yellow peg, although I caught two of them. I got a much better rim bounce with the laser ball, and then did OK with the Big Bounce. It was fairly plain sailing after that, I just had to make sure I took on the bonus chances as they presented themselves.

Level 10 (Clear ALL pegs - 25 red and 126 blue, with only 9 balls - Pro target 750k)

The same design as level 5, but with 300k on the pro target and all pegs now required.

Attempt #1 - Laser Ball. Score: 940,090
  • Even with a laser ball, it might be tricky to get a total clearance on this one. I managed 91% that time, but I'd better add a Big Bounce for the next go.

Attempt #2 - Laser Ball & Big Bounce. Score: 653,600
  • I got straight to the yellow peg, and the laser ball did well, but the Big Bounce was a complete flop. There were a few inexplicable rebound angles towards the end which lost me a few balls, so just an 89% clearance.

Attempt #3 - Laser Ball & Big Bounce. Score: 1,349,630 
  • The yellow peg was well placed for an easy shot off the side wall, and then the laser ball was particularly successful. It triggered the Split Ball, and did it quite high, so the extra ball took out plenty of pegs. That shot alone took out 83 pegs for 678k points. The Big Bounce was not massively successful, but it could have been worse. It took out 11 pegs for just under 68k points. That left me 28 pegs and 7 balls to get them with. From that point on my catching was just about up to the task and I finished with one ball in hand.

SUMMARY


Level
Reds
Pegs
Target
Balls
Clock
Pro
Attempts
Record
Average
Video
1
30
77
Reds
10
-
425k
1
965,440
965,440
2
30
99
Reds
9
-
400k
1
760,780
760,780
3
25
92
Reds
9
-
425k
6
679,550
366,715
4
25
113
Reds
9
-
425k
4
563,470
361,860
5
25
151
Reds
9
-
450k
2
803,120
501,330
6
40
92
Reds
9
-
750k
7
783,700
568,462
7
30
77
All
7
-
650k
4
754,490
579,040
8
45
99
Reds
8
-
725k
8
881,330
603,853
9
25
113
All
9
-
600k
5
743,380
549,418
10
25
151
All
9
-
750k
3
1,349,630
981,106

No comments:

Post a Comment